Castle Wars 2019
November 21 - November 24
11/21/2019 – 11/24/2019
Camp Benjamin Hawkins
2251 Boy Scout Rd
Byron, GA 31008
PayPal registration is open here until 11/11/2019! If registering for feast, be sure to note in the comments whether you want “above the salt” or “below the salt”.
|$15 Above the Salt||$8 Below the Salt|
|On the Table:||
|Hunter’s Stews Course:||
(Alternative: Mushroom Soup)
We reserve the right to change dishes.
There are several showers with flush toilets throughout the site.
Brand new toilet facilities have been built close to the main activities.
There will be porta-potties on site. Additionally, there are pit-latrines located at some campsites.
There are limited climate-controlled cabins which are reserved for Royals.
The Dining Hall is partially climate-controlled with a screen and plexiglass on each window. It also has a very large swamp cooler.
There is a full kitchen with lots of amenities. Anyone wanting to use the kitchen must first contact the autocrat(s) or the Safe-Serve Certified Officer.
If you have medical devices that need to be charged or medicine that needs to be kept refrigerated, please contact the autocrat(s).
- Participants must make an effort at clothing from pre-1600.
- The speed limit on site is 5 MPH on all roads.
- Wear your site token! These will be issued at Troll.
- No illegal substances.
- The site is DISCREETLY WET. Any alcoholic drink should be poured into and consumed from a mug, tankard, goblet or similar device. Consuming alcohol from a can or bottle that denotes a brand, label or type of alcohol is not permitted. Please make sure to take your empties with you offsite. We encourage you to turn your GPS location off on your cellular devices in order for the site to not be tagged in any social media postings. The legal drinking age in Georgia is 21. Please observe the Law! Anyone giving alcohol to a minor will be expelled from site. Checking ID is encouraged.
- The use of fire or flame within the camp property will be restricted to the established fire rings located in each campsite or within a raised fire pit made of sufficient material (steel, aluminum, stone). All fires are always to be properly supervised with proper extinguishing materials (sand, water, fire extinguisher) close at hand. All fires must completely be extinguished before being left unattended. A fire with smoldering coals or active embers has not been properly extinguished.
- Smoking is allowed on site, but please dispose of your butts safely.
- No firearms (including cannons) or fireworks.
- Leashed pets are welcome, but no exotic animals. You must bring a current Rabies certificate (the certificate, not the tag) to enter site with a pet. Owners of dangerous or aggressive animals will be asked to remove the animal from site. (Note: For information regarding horses, please see our equestrian information.)
- Swimming in the pond is NOT allowed or recommended.
- Day shades are welcome around the fields other than in the areas marked for marshals’, fighter support, and the Royal pavilion.
- Please vacate the site by 12 PM, and don’t forget all of your vehicles! Take all trash to the dumpster located near the Dining Hall/Kitchen. Do not leave paper towels, gum, old phones, unpaid bills, junk mail, your ex’s garb, hopes, dreams, or goldfish in your campsite or the porta-potty.
- Please contact the nearest member of event staff should you see any dangerous behavior, safety hazards, or other concerns. We wish to provide an enjoyable Castle War for all.
All fire must be contained in the establish fire rings on-site or in a raised fire-pit, per our agreement with the land owner.
Rule 1: All camps must have required fire safety equipment.
- One extinguisher for every five liquid-fuel, flame-powered device in camp.
- Two fire buckets with water or sand for every fire pit.
- Fire blankets are encouraged.
Rule 2: All fire and flame sources must be attended.
- One adult capable of extinguishing the fire must attend the fire at all times.
Rule 3: All fuels for flame-powered devices must be handled and used according to their manufactured safety requirements.
Rule 4: All flame-powered devices and fires must meet the following safety requirements.
- Fire pits smaller than 2 ft across placed no closer than 10 ft to any structure. (Small or cook fire rule)
- Braziers larger than 2 ft across placed no closer than 20 ft to any structure. (Bonfire rule)
- Elevated, flame-powered light sources must be stable and located a distance equal to their height plus one foot from any structure or flammable ground cover.
The Constable and Autocrat retain the power to revoke fire privileges where necessary.
Remember – Stop! Drop! Roll!
- An unaccompanied minor is defined as any individual under the age of 17 attending the event in the company of a non-parent or non-legal guardian.
- The Adult-in-Charge of a Minor Form and Notarized Medical Authorization for Minors waivers must be completed ahead of the event by the minor individual’s parent and/or legal guardian. The Medical Authorization Form does not have to be notarized.
- The designated adult of an unaccompanied minor(s) must present two (2) sets of properly executed Society waivers at the registration table before the minor(s) enters the event.
- Each waiver includes instructions for completion; failure to follow the instructions may result in a denial of admittance to the event.
- The branch must retain one set of the waivers; the second set is retained by the Designated Adult.
- Waiver forms are on the Society or the Kingdom websites.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the Minor Waiver at Troll. Family Roster Waivers will also be available.
In accordance with Meridian Law, children under the age of five (5) must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and children under the age of twelve (12) must be in sight or sound range of a parent or other designated adult or teen. In other words, kids must be attended everywhere on site, including during scheduled children’s activities. Disregard for this rule will result in expulsion from the site.
Please pay serious attention to this law; we do take it seriously and will enforce it. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Signs will be posted, and a curfew will also be in effect.
Please remember, while there are children’s activities planned these activities are NOT a babysitting service. Be considerate of those who give their time to work with your children and consider giving an hour of assistance if you are able.
Lady Angharat merch Morcant
Angharat DOT merch DOT Morcant AT gmail DOT com
No calls after 9 PM; text preferred.
Reservations: Lady Bú Feiyan
Troll: Lord Jurgen Vielfrass & Lady Lucette Gerard
Feast Steward: Countess Thorkatla Herjolfsdottir
Heavy Marshal: Duke Bryce MacLaren
Rapier Marshal: Captain Brendan de Hay
Live Weapons Marshal: Lord Connor O’Dell
Land Agent: THL Lucien d’Artois
Deputy Land Agent: Mistress Genevieve la Barquarresse
Merchant Coordinator: Lady Heather ingean Ui Briain
Deputy Merchant Coordinator: Lady Raven Helmsplitter
Royal Liaison: THL Juliane de Vivonne
Field Steward: Lord Drogo inn Keiliselgr
A&S Coordinator: Lady Alisandre Isabeau de la Chapelle
Event Minister of Children: Lady Myndee of South Downs
Special thanks to Lady Agnes Halydaye for the lovely event flier.
More info to come!