03 March 2021, Time: 1931
Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.
THL Lucien d’Artois called the March meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
- We had one award last month, SMS elevation.
- HE Emelina submitted her device.
- Ashlyn is also submitting a device.
- Justina submitted a badge, and it has passed kingdom and will be sent to the society.
- Our replacement for the Kingdom Earl Marshal is
- We have A&S.
- We had people that entered Stella Nova, Cellach and Lykinia.
- This is the last month in Q1. Please fill it out by March 30th.
- If you have a personal page or blog that you post you things to, please let me know.
- The second quarter newsletter will be coming out soon. If there are any articles that people would like to see published, please submit them to me asap.
- I am going to start looking for a deputy. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
- We are up to 344 followers on Instagram and 1 new follower in the FB group.
- Class this month on the 17th will be for youth in the SCA, following that will be a panel.
- Will be working on a schedule for the upcoming months.
Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna)
- Changed all email addresses of officers to @meridies.org addresses
- Changed URL for DP update form to one that will email Piers instead of myself.
- Changed sidebar to note new webmin and new webmin email address
- We got hacked. Kingdom webmin stepped in and added new security protocols. We think we have it under control again.
- Updated site to mark Bu as the herald
- Added Laurel to Tami’s page and updated the page to a new name and title
- Updated Finbarr, Sefa, Gwen, and Lykania’s pages with awards
- Updated baronial awards recipients page to indicate Midwinter Awards
- Still thinking about Red Tower.
- Still nervous about it being a weekend event since we don’t know if the state will be open by then.
- We want to give our thanks to all those that helped with MidWinter.
- Thank you for being out there and representing the barony this past month.
- Would like to push the redbubble merch
- Midwinter was about a month ago already.
- It went really well. We had two full tracks of classes. We had teachers from at least 3 different kingdoms.
- We had evening activities for the first time.
- We had a regional A&S fair and Populace choice faire.
- It went really well for being the first virtual event.
- Our Beacon Herald will be stepping down. Her deputy will be stepping up.
- Next week is project night. Bring your stuff. There’s no telling what we will talk about.
- Maybe we can raid other kingdom’s project nights.
The business meeting was closed @ 2001.
The next business meeting will be held on 07 April 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.
03 February 2021, Time: 1932
Notes submitted by Lady Raven and Captain Brendan, South Downs Backup Chroniclers.
THL Lucien d’Artois called the February meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
- Not much to report – no awards or submissions in the past month
- He is stepping down after 4 years, Bu is replacing him and he will be her deputy until she finds someone
- He’ll still help with submissions etc as he is still heralding on the kingdom level
- Reiterated Master Edward of Yarbrorough, Kingdom Earl Marshal’s message of the week:
- Check your gear, check your auth cards.
- Master Edward will be stepping down soon, and needs a replacement.
- Applicants should send a resume to him and Crown.
- Haven’t seen any of our stuff for 6 months, but he’s assuming we still have our stuff
- Clarifies – he reached his pun quota for his herald’s office, but he still has a lot available for his quartermaster’s quota
- One of the storage locker doors won’t open. it was damaged when we rented the unit, but it’s gotten worse. Lucien will investigate it.
- No report – we probably have people
- Nothing new, but has been considering getting a table at this year’s Atlanta Pride. However, it is currently scheduled for the closing weekend of Gulf Wars, so perhaps next year? check FB group to see what interest might be. It’s possible that there may be enough interest if we don’t have as many people heading to GW as usual. Suggested FB poll to gauge interest.
- We have arts and sciences!
- We have lots of fun classes for MWAS. Check out 100 Days of Meridies, HRMs challenge to see lots of cool projects being worked on!
- (She has a Korean class at the same on Wednesdays now, so submitted report electronically) The class meeting will be a live cooking show from Ogata (Charlie). If anyone would like to take a class for the barony, please get in contact!
- We have words, a chronicler, and double backup chroniclers tonight (Lady Raven and Captain Brendan)
- We have social media
- Society social media is doing something for February – why you love the SCA #lovemySCA
- Look for it on the FB group
- Site is down for the moment. Kingdom is in control until further notice. Should be coming back slowly over the next couple days.
- Our website is having some temporary difficulties. This is above my paygrade and I have temporarily given up control to the kingdom webminister who has cut everybody’s access to the website both as a viewer and an admin. By tomorrow Wistric, Piers, and I should have access. Other people will come up slowly after that, as we can institute new security protocols. Aelia, you’re our priority. Once you regain access, please change your password to something difficult to guess that you haven’t used on other sites.
- It is now mandatory that we only use the official kingdom email addresses on our website. As soon as I regain control, I will be changing all email addresses to the @meridies.org addresses. If you don’t have one but need one, please contact me. Please check these emails. I am sorry; I was not given a choice.
- In more positive news, Piers Simmons has stepped up as my deputy. For now, he is responsible for the DP. You should make sure your DP page is up to date, and give him things to do. We have also recently put a pronouns section on DP pages, so if you are comfortable doing so, you should give us your pronouns on the DP form. This is strictly opt-in.
- Since last month I have added awards to Cellach and Aelia’s pages, changed the webminister page so that it lists myself and Piers as the webmin, fixed the sidebar so that all Wednesday activities are listed instead of just the 4th Wednesday, and changed the link on the A&S page to the 2021 A&S spreadsheet. Some of these changes did not stay on the site because of the aforementioned problems, but they will be back as soon as I regain control.
- We have a class coming up this month – DEI spotlight. this month will be taught by Lady Majda on orientalism
- Hello Loveliest of Baronies. Reminder about Baronial Shop on RedBubble. Helps pay storage fees. Aelia & Margavati have made some cute designs. Will share link.
- MWAS. Baronial and Kingdom court will be on the same FB livestream, Sunday at 5pm. If you need court time, let B&B know tonight or tomorrow morning. No last-minute stuff.
- Will contact others privately.
- A reminder that all official activity should exclude modern politics. This includes postings to Baronial FB groups.
- Red Tower – we still don’t know about dates, but in thinking it over, we still don’t know where we’re going to be at that time. For those considering submitting a bid, please think about doing it as a day trip, as it will be a simpler event and will have less to adjust. Can we consider combining RT and CW again? maybe RT on Friday?
- MWAS (Raven). Event coming up this Saturday. A&S judging is in progress NOW. 2 full tracks of classes. Judging for populace faire is on the event page right now, go vote.
- We will have online activities on Saturday night, graciously hosted by Mistress Ellen and the monthly Homecoming Social. MW will be adding a bardic circle, hosted by Master William Brewer, to Homecoming, and we hope to also host a revel – still looking for someone to host it, so please contact Raven if interested.
- Margavati tells us that for zoom security, a private group within public event online for Soong’s vigil.
The business meeting was closed @ 2001.
The next business meeting will be held on 03 March 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.
13 January 2021, Time: 1931
Notice: Due to the events that occurred at the Capitol Building on 06 January 2021, the normal Baronial Business Meeting was rescheduled to 13 January 2021.
Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.
THL Lucien d’Artois called the January meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
Not a whole lot this month
We did have two award recipients.
Last month, we got a new laurel, Mistress Veronica!
On the armor side of the house. There was a request to borrow armor for a photoshoot. We officially declined due to COVID. However, unofficially, if someone wanted to loan their armor and take care of cleaning, that would be on them.
Penfeathers is looking for submissions. If any of our youth would like to submit something. That would be artwork or an article. The contact for that would be Jennifer Harrington.
We have money. We finally got paid for Midwinter. There was a problem with the mail. We have $8,443.00. We will have enough money to pay for the storage unit to pay for the rest of the year.
The Red Tower event is already paid for.
Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)
Webminister report – I stepped up on the first.
Since then we have given the kingdom admin access to the site but I still don’t have admin access myself.
Added Laurel to Veronica’s DP page
Updated to 2021
Added a note that all events are on hold.
We don’t have anything particular
We are looking forward to MidWinter.
Y’all are the best barony in the whole world!
Thank you for being flexible. It has been a stressful week. It’s okay to not be okay.
I want to emphasize that we don’t do outside political stuff during official SCA stuff
I want to talk about Red Tower.
The kingdom is making some changes to the website structures
Yes, we are doing MidWinter this year. It will be on Feb 6th.
It will also be lasting over to Feb 7th for the elevation and court.
We are looking at doing some evening activities. We are working with the HomeComing crew as their event is on the same night. They will be adding some rooms for us. Keep your eyes open for that information.
On Saturday, there will be classes. If you are interested in teaching a class, please talk to Lady Alisandre. There is a google form on the event page.
Master Lorenzo is running our regional faire.
There will be a subtlety showcase for cooks who can show their food in disguise.
Juliane and Lucien are sponsoring a prize. They are focusing on extra-European. The prize is a set of teacups.
There is no theme this year.
Emelina will be handling the advertising.
The business meeting was closed @ 2016.
The next business meeting will be held on 03 February 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.