03 February 2021, Time: 1932
Notes submitted by Lady Raven and Captain Brendan, South Downs Backup Chroniclers.
THL Lucien d’Artois called the February meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
Herald (THL Lucien d’Artois)
- Not much to report – no awards or submissions in the past month
- He is stepping down after 4 years, Bu is replacing him and he will be her deputy until she finds someone
- He’ll still help with submissions etc as he is still heralding on the kingdom level
Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)
- Reiterated Master Edward of Yarbrorough, Kingdom Earl Marshal’s message of the week:
- Check your gear, check your auth cards.
- Master Edward will be stepping down soon, and needs a replacement.
- Applicants should send a resume to him and Crown.
Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)
- Nothing new to report.
Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)
- Nothing new to report
- Nothing new to report
Quartermaster (THL Lucien d’Artois)
- Haven’t seen any of our stuff for 6 months, but he’s assuming we still have our stuff
- Clarifies – he reached his pun quota for his herald’s office, but he still has a lot available for his quartermaster’s quota
- One of the storage locker doors won’t open. it was damaged when we rented the unit, but it’s gotten worse. Lucien will investigate it.
Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz)
- No report – we probably have people
Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- Nothing new, but has been considering getting a table at this year’s Atlanta Pride. However, it is currently scheduled for the closing weekend of Gulf Wars, so perhaps next year? check FB group to see what interest might be. It’s possible that there may be enough interest if we don’t have as many people heading to GW as usual. Suggested FB poll to gauge interest.
Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)
- We have arts and sciences!
- We have lots of fun classes for MWAS. Check out 100 Days of Meridies, HRMs challenge to see lots of cool projects being worked on!
Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)
- (She has a Korean class at the same on Wednesdays now, so submitted report electronically) The class meeting will be a live cooking show from Ogata (Charlie). If anyone would like to take a class for the barony, please get in contact!
Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)
- We have words, a chronicler, and double backup chroniclers tonight (Lady Raven and Captain Brendan)
Social Media Minister (HE Emelina le Nourreys)
- We have social media
- Society social media is doing something for February – why you love the SCA #lovemySCA
- Look for it on the FB group
Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna)
- Site is down for the moment. Kingdom is in control until further notice. Should be coming back slowly over the next couple days.
- Our website is having some temporary difficulties. This is above my paygrade and I have temporarily given up control to the kingdom webminister who has cut everybody’s access to the website both as a viewer and an admin. By tomorrow Wistric, Piers, and I should have access. Other people will come up slowly after that, as we can institute new security protocols. Aelia, you’re our priority. Once you regain access, please change your password to something difficult to guess that you haven’t used on other sites.
- It is now mandatory that we only use the official kingdom email addresses on our website. As soon as I regain control, I will be changing all email addresses to the @meridies.org addresses. If you don’t have one but need one, please contact me. Please check these emails. I am sorry; I was not given a choice.
- In more positive news, Piers Simmons has stepped up as my deputy. For now, he is responsible for the DP. You should make sure your DP page is up to date, and give him things to do. We have also recently put a pronouns section on DP pages, so if you are comfortable doing so, you should give us your pronouns on the DP form. This is strictly opt-in.
- Since last month I have added awards to Cellach and Aelia’s pages, changed the webminister page so that it lists myself and Piers as the webmin, fixed the sidebar so that all Wednesday activities are listed instead of just the 4th Wednesday, and changed the link on the A&S page to the 2021 A&S spreadsheet. Some of these changes did not stay on the site because of the aforementioned problems, but they will be back as soon as I regain control.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai)
- We have a class coming up this month – DEI spotlight. this month will be taught by Lady Majda on orientalism
Their Excellencies, Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia
- Hello Loveliest of Baronies. Reminder about Baronial Shop on RedBubble. Helps pay storage fees. Aelia & Margavati have made some cute designs. Will share link.
- MWAS. Baronial and Kingdom court will be on the same FB livestream, Sunday at 5pm. If you need court time, let B&B know tonight or tomorrow morning. No last-minute stuff.
- Will contact others privately.
Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)
- Nothing to report
Seneschal, (THL Juliane de Vivonne)
- Two things:
- A reminder that all official activity should exclude modern politics. This includes postings to Baronial FB groups.
- Red Tower – we still don’t know about dates, but in thinking it over, we still don’t know where we’re going to be at that time. For those considering submitting a bid, please think about doing it as a day trip, as it will be a simpler event and will have less to adjust. Can we consider combining RT and CW again? maybe RT on Friday?
- MWAS (Raven). Event coming up this Saturday. A&S judging is in progress NOW. 2 full tracks of classes. Judging for populace faire is on the event page right now, go vote.
- We will have online activities on Saturday night, graciously hosted by Mistress Ellen and the monthly Homecoming Social. MW will be adding a bardic circle, hosted by Master William Brewer, to Homecoming, and we hope to also host a revel – still looking for someone to host it, so please contact Raven if interested.
- Margavati tells us that for zoom security, a private group within public event online for Soong’s vigil.
The business meeting was closed @ 2001.
The next business meeting will be held on 03 March 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.