South Downs Baronial Business Meeting
04 November 2020, Time: 1931
Notes submitted by Lady Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.
THL Lucien d’Artois called the November meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
Welcome and it’s nice to see everyone still here!
Herald (THL Lucien d’Artois)
- Nothing to report.
Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)
- Nothing to report as normal.
- Crown List will probably be in early February.
Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)
- Nothing to report.
Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)
- Nothing to report.
- We have money still.
- Storage unit is paid up through the end of the year.
Quartermaster (THL Lucien d’Artois)
- Repeat info about the storage unit.
Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz), Finnvarr mac Branain reporting
- Not a lot to report.
- We have two new people!
Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- Nothing new.
Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)
- No class this month because of Thanksgiving.
Chronicler (Lady Aelia Bassina)
- Nothing new to report
- I will be getting with the Reeve to arrange a time to drop off a check from the fund raiser. So far, we are up to $200!
Social Media Minister (HE Emelina le Nourreys)
- We have 8 more followers on Instagram, 7 on FB, and there are interesting things happening in the Kingdom with the Burial Effigies.
Webminister (Captain Pietro di Conti)
- Update to WordPress v5.5.3. An earlier WordPress update locked out some logins; if you have a login that doesn’t work, a password recovery should fix it.
- Eastern Regional Webminister has asked us to provide an admin account to be used by the “Kingdom Web Team”. I have pushed back on this request as it is contrary to good security practice.
- Eastern Regional Webminister has asked for officers to make sure they set up their kingdom email account (most have, only a few haven’t). They would like to make the kingdom email accounts the only “official” officer email accounts. I mentioned to him we thought the email addresses were too cryptic. He talked about it with the Kingdom Webminister and they aren’t willing to change them.
- He also would like us to migrate to the kingdom web server, but I don’t have the energy to start a project like that now. He did offer advice and help on doing it.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai)
- We’ve had a lot of classes. Thank you to everyone that enjoyed it.
- This month we will be doing a class on accessibility. I’ll post information about it when I have it.
Her Excellency, Mistress Sunneva de Cleia
- I don’t have much, I’m tired like everyone else!
- Thank you for being the best barony. Talking to you all for the past months has been amazing.
- Keep remembering to reach out and take time out if you need it.
- I want to remind people to write letters. Write about things that are good. It helps when you are an officer and you get something good into your inbox. With November and Thanksgiving it’s the perfect opportunity.
- There are some awards that are traditional awards for this Barony. We have had a committee going all summer to work on those awards to see if we need any changes. The process is taking a little longer than expected. We will get there when we get there.
- Baronial Largess Challenge:
Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)
- Nothing to report
Seneschal, (THL Juliane de Vivonne)
- First thing, we are still looking for a Provost. It’s a great entry level position. Kal has helped out a lot. If you’re interested, please contact me.
- If you have not logged into your kingdom email, they know and they send me emails. Please log in. I know who you are. Let me know if you lost your password.
- I clarified to see if we needed to move to the kingdom web server. It is required. But, it will get done when it gets done.
- Virtual Castle Wars: The Red Tower – 20-22 November 2020
- Castle Wars
- It’s been a challenge because people are tired. We are organized by a committee. We are looking for graphics. We are two weeks out now. I’ve announced a couple of competitions. We are trying to find alternative things instead of sitting in zoom meetings all day. If you know of any heavy fighters that might be interested in doing something, let me know. I have ideas.
- We need zoom classes.
- Question was posed about live zooming in a kitchen.
- We will have a scriptorium
- There will be a social (Justina). I like the unofficial Meridian Revel format. One thing that we have done in the past is historically accurate cosplay. I’ve been wanting to do something with the children, like tea with Disney Princesses.
- Onesie party?
- If anyone is interested in doing a daytime social, Her Excellency does a brunch.
- Midwinter (Online)
- Do we want to have it and who wants to organize it?
- Please think about it and let me know.
- We need to check with TRM and the Kingdom A&S.
- We will table this idea and think about it.
- Next Wednesday is project night! Starts around 7-7:30.
- There are a lot of A&S classes out there. I’ll gather information so let me (Ximon) know if you are interested.